Vegan Carrot Cake Muffins
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 485
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 muffins)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line muffin cups with paper liners.
- Whisk almond milk and vinegar together in a small bowl; set aside until curdled, about 10 minutes.
- Mix whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl. Combine carrots, pineapple, raisins, and walnuts together in a separate bowl.
- Whisk 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons white sugar, olive oil, molasses, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cardamom together in a separate bowl. Mix curdled milk mixture and sugar mixture into flour mixture just until batter is mixed; fold in carrot mixture. Spoon batter into muffin cups until each is completely filled and domed.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- They can also be made into bread. Pour the batter into a lightly oiled 8x4-inch loaf pan and bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Soy milk or rice milk can be used in place of the almond milk.
Per Serving: 485 calories; 21.8 70.5 7 0 549 Full nutrition