Turmeric Honey Paste
"A quick and easy paste made with ground turmeric, pepper, coconut oil, and honey to use in cooking or beverages. Add a tablespoon or two at the end of cooking of your favorite soups, stews, or cooked meals. Add 1 tablespoon or more to a cup of hot water or milk (or milk substitute) for a lovely drink. Add lime, ginger, and cinnamon for a flavorful break from the usual tea. Always allow the paste to heat for at least 5 minutes in any of these before consuming."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 m servings 77 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 cup)
- Mix honey, turmeric, coconut oil, and black pepper together in a resealable container using a butter knife until thoroughly combined. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
- Cook's Note:
- Pregnant or nursing women, young children or diabetics should consult their physician before consuming turmeric.
- Turmeric can stain any utensil, working area or skin.
- Keep any leftovers in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Just give it a stir every other day to help the flavors meld.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 77 calories; 1 g fat; 18.4 g carbohydrates; 0.2 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 1 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1