4 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 314
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Mix oats, wheat germ, oat bran, almonds, flaxseed, pumpkin seeds, and salt together in a bowl. Beat maple syrup and egg white together in a separate bowl; pour into the oat mixture and stir to coat completely. Spread the mixture onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven, rotating pans every 20 minutes, for 90 minutes. Increase heat to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) and continue baking until golden brown, about 30 minutes more.
- Transfer the oat mixture to a large bowl, add coconut and cranberries, and stir. Let granola cool to room temperature.
- Cook's Note:
- To make this diabetic friendly, substitute maple syrup with agave or sugar-free pancake syrup.
- Adding other spices and maybe chocolate makes this a great holiday gift as well.
- You can use whole flaxseed in place of the ground.
- Wheat bran can replace the oat bran, if preferred.
- Raisins can replace cranberries, if preferred.
Per Serving: 314 calories; 13.9 43.4 8.8 0 111 Full nutrition