Nutty Waffles (Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 274
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Mix walnut flour, almond flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and stevia together in a large bowl.
- Mix melted butter and applesauce together in a measuring cup, adding only enough applesauce so mixture is 1/2 cup.
- Beat egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer until fluffy and stiff peaks form. Remove 2/3 of the beaten egg whites and set aside in a bowl.
- Place flour mixture and butter-applesauce mixture in the bowl of the stand mixer with the remaining egg whites; beat on low using the stirring paddle until batter is thoroughly combined. The mixture will be dry. Fold reserved egg whites into batter until incorporated.
- Ladle 1 to 2 scoops batter into the preheated waffle iron; cook according to manufacturer's instructions. Repeat with remaining batter.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- The batter is so thick that when you drop the lid of the waffle iron, it will not close by itself. You have to push the lid down.
- We like to top with Blue Bell® No Sugar Added Ice Cream and berries.
Per Serving: 274 calories; 25.2 6.9 7.8 20 436 Full nutrition