- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly oil a 3-quart baking dish.
- Cook gnocchi per package directions, but remove them from water before they are completely cooked. Drain well and set aside.
- Whisk egg with a pinch of salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Mix together in a separate shallow bowl Italian bread crumbs, 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, salt and pepper.
- Butterfly chicken breasts and bread them: dip each breast first into bread crumb mixture, then into egg, then into bread crumb mixture again.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook breaded chicken until golden brown and cooked through (internal temperature at least 165 degrees F), about 5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Toss and quickly saute gnocchi in the same skillet for about 2 minutes.
- Spread a layer of Ragu(R) Sauce on the bottom of a 3-quart baking dish. Spread gnocchi evenly over the sauce. Sprinkle some mozzarella and Parmigiano cheese over gnocchi.
- Layer sliced mushrooms over the top. Spread half of the remaining sauce over the mushrooms and sprinkle some more mozzarella and Parmigiano over the top. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice chicken and place pieces on top of mushrooms and cheese. Spoon the remaining sauce evenly over the top. Sprinkle with the remaining cheeses. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Bake until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted, 15 to 20 minutes.
Per Serving: 493 calories; 23.4 38 32.1 107 1329 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
Amazing. Chicken came out perfect as directed. I do suggest using a homemade sauce....or anything better than Ragu.
I made this about a month ago & thinking about making it again tonight...i followed the recipe exactly, no changes & i dig it. Especially the chicken, it really turned out good. My boyfriend lov...
we loved it, although I did not have chicken thawed out, I decided to use aldi's breaded chicken which i baked in my toaster oven for 15 minutes , then sliced & made with our favorite sauce, (no...
ONE egg for a lb of chicken? Maybe an ostrich egg.. Decent recipe, used different sauce though. Added garlic and onion
This turned out pretty darn well. I used 1lb chicken rolled in Italian bread crumbs, they stick to the chicken just as well without the egg, so I skipped that. I also left out the mushrooms beca...
I did not have mushrooms or bread crumbs. I used crushed Tostitos scoops instead adding Italian Seasoning. This substitution was enough salt, my husband, who usually adds salt to all his food di...
This is the third time I have made this and it is great every time! I forgot to get jarred sauce this time and I had vodka sauce in the house, so I used that. I think the vodka sauce gave it a ...
My first time with gnocchi and I really liked the recipe but, the gnocchi is very heavy. Stick to the ribs food, just not quite for us.