- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly oil a large baking dish or rimmed cookie sheet.
- Trim chicken breasts of fat and slice in half length-wise to make 8 equal-thickness chicken cutlets. Note: If the chicken breasts are very large, pound them between plastic wrap into 1/2-inch thick cutlets.
- Stir together flour, salt and black pepper in a shallow bowl. Whisk eggs in another bowl. In a third bowl, stir together Italian bread crumbs with parmesan cheese.
- Dip both sides of each chicken cutlet into the flour, then dip in beaten eggs, letting excess egg drip off. Dip into the breadcrumb mixture, pressing cutlets into breading to ensure a thick, even coating of crumbs. Set prepared cutlets aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick or cast iron pan over medium heat; add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. When oil is hot, add chicken in batches (don't crowd the pan), sauteing until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place chicken in prepared baking dish. Top each chicken breast with 2 tablespoons Ragu(R) Hearty Traditional Sauce. (Reserve remaining sauce to serve over pasta, if desired.) Then top with about 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered until cheese is melted and chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 10 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Notes: For a healthier oven-only baked chicken Parmesan, the folks at Ragu® suggest completing steps 1-4. Lightly coat breaded chicken breasts with cooking spray and bake chicken for 20 minutes. Continue with step 6.
Per Serving: 484 calories; 19.1 32.5 43.6 166 1486 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 29
This is always a good standby dish. Easy to make and tastes great. Tonight I served with roasted potatoes and glazed carrots instead of the pasta.
My family loved it! I followed the recipe exactly as shown and it came out perfect. The chicken was crispy on the outside, tender & moist on the inside and perfectly seasoned. I've added this re...
I made It exactly as it was written. Absolutely delicious! Thank you!
I made this exactly as written, except I only had two eggs, which was plenty for dipping the chicken. it came out very tender and moist. I used the leftover spaghetti sauce to mix into the noodl...
Made this for dinner tonight, OMG good very good on the top of the list to save. I baked it at 375 for twenty minutes because I have a electric oven and it burns cheese easy. But changed nothi...
It was very good , I did it with out the pan frying. The only thing I added was more parm cheese. I'm making it again tonight.
I made this dish as written and it was a hit!! Everyone loved it and I will be making it again.