Ingredients55 m servings 156 cals
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; add butter and crush into the flour mixture with hands until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix hot water and garlic into the flour mixture until it all comes together into a dough; turn out onto a cutting board dusted with flour. Knead dough 3 or 4 times. Cut dough into 10 pieces, roll into balls, and flatten into discs.
- Cover dough with a clean kitchen towel and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over-medium high heat.
- Roll out one of the dough discs to about the size of your skillet. Cook in hot skillet until golden and puffy, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove to a platter and cover with a clean kitchen towel to keep warm. Repeat with remaining dough portions.
Per Serving: 156 calories; 4.9 g fat; 24.3 g carbohydrates; 3.3 g protein; 12 mg cholesterol; 315 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
This is so simple to put together and takes just minutes on the grill. I made them to make individual pizzas and it worked beautifully.
I've made this quite a few times now, and it's always been amazing. Good base for flat bread pizza, and good on it's own.
The recipe is excellent and will be my go-to flatbread recipe from now on. I didn't change a thing. Made them for dinner to serve with black bean dip and fried plantains, and they were so good I...
Yes, very simple to make and lighter when grilled! I left out the garlic this time and made only half the the recipe; my wife and and I didn't need 10 of them. We topped them with grilled chicke...
So easy and quick to make and so good! We had it with butter chicken and it was perfect.