Ingredients55 m servings 156
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; add butter and crush into the flour mixture with hands until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix hot water and garlic into the flour mixture until it all comes together into a dough; turn out onto a cutting board dusted with flour. Knead dough 3 or 4 times. Cut dough into 10 pieces, roll into balls, and flatten into discs.
- Cover dough with a clean kitchen towel and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over-medium high heat.
- Roll out one of the dough discs to about the size of your skillet. Cook in hot skillet until golden and puffy, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove to a platter and cover with a clean kitchen towel to keep warm. Repeat with remaining dough portions.
Per Serving: 156 calories; 4.9 24.3 3.3 12 315 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
Yes, very simple to make and lighter when grilled! I left out the garlic this time and made only half the the recipe; my wife and and I didn't need 10 of them. We topped them with grilled chicke...
This is so simple to put together and takes just minutes on the grill. I made them to make individual pizzas and it worked beautifully.
I've made this quite a few times now, and it's always been amazing. Good base for flat bread pizza, and good on it's own.
The recipe is excellent and will be my go-to flatbread recipe from now on. I didn't change a thing. Made them for dinner to serve with black bean dip and fried plantains, and they were so good I...
So easy and quick to make and so good! We had it with butter chicken and it was perfect.
Easy to make....I never have garlic when I make these and just as good without but can't wait to see how good they are with garlic!