Ingredients35 m servings 420
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Stir leeks into the butter and season with salt and black pepper; cook and stir until the leeks are tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir flour into the leek mixture until dissolved completely and the mixture begins to thicken; add half-and-half, potatoes, and clam juice. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook at a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir shrimp and corn into the potato mixture; continue cooking until the potatoes are completely tender, about 10 minutes more. Remove pot from heat, add lemon juice and chives, and stir.
- Cook's Notes:
- For a lighter version, replace half-and-half with skim milk.
- This is also good with shredded cheese on top as a garnish.
Per Serving: 420 calories; 19.3 40.7 24.1 204 366 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
This was a really good base recipe. It can be tweaked based on what you have on hand. I added in some celery, carrots, and Andouille sausage and a teaspoon of Cajun seasoning. I only used abo...
I just finish preparing this dish as is. I accidentally bought frozen sweet corn in a butter sauce. I have to say even with the sweet corn and butter sauce the dish was very tasty.
Delicious, fast and easy. Next time we will try with milk for a healthier version.
Used heavy cream; (already had). Added seafood seasoning. Very tasty.
This was really good! I decided to make this last minute and did not have any leeks, clam juice, or frozen corn so I added some onion powder, chicken broth and a can of sweet corn in their place...