Stoplight Sausage Pasta
"A colorful, light, and savory combination of peppers and sausage tossed with your favorite pasta. A perfect recipe to freshen up your weeknight dinner routine. Provides a healthy alternative to traditional red sauced pasta dishes. 'Stoplight' refers to the use of green, yellow, and red bell peppers. This dish pairs nicely with garlic breadsticks and a tossed green salad with Italian dressing."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 503
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir turkey sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Add mushrooms, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, onion, and garlic; cook and stir until liquid from mushrooms has evaporated and mushrooms are tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour white wine into sausage mixture and cook until wine reduces, about 5 minutes. Add beef broth and Italian seasoning; simmer until liquid reduces by half, about 15 minutes. Stir red pepper flakes into sausage mixture and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook rigatoni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 13 minutes. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Spoon sausage mixture over pasta and top with Parmesan cheese.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Any variety of whole wheat pasta can be substituted for the rigatoni, if desired. Romano cheese can be substituted for the Parmesan cheese.
Per Serving: 503 calories; 12.2 66.2 30.2 63 970 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1