Ingredients35 m servings 335 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar into the bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar, walnuts, softened butter, 1/4 cup flour, and cinnamon in a bowl using a fork until streusel is crumbly.
- Mix 3 cups flour, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl. Beat eggs in a third bowl using an electric mixer until frothy; add white sugar and melted butter and beat until creamy. Add milk, sour cream, and vanilla extract and beat until smooth. Stir flour mixture into milk-butter mixture until batter is well blended.
- Spread 1/2 of the batter into the prepared baking dish; top with 1/2 of the streusel mix. Spread remaining batter over streusel layer and top with remaining streusel.
- Place dish on the center rack in the preheated oven; bake until a fork inserted in the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute pecans for the walnuts, if desired.
Per Serving: 335 calories; 14.1 g fat; 50.6 g carbohydrates; 4.3 g protein; 48 mg cholesterol; 499 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
Oh dear! I had such high hopes! However… I made it in two smaller 9x12 equivalents and it overran the pans. It sank in the middle and did not cook in the center at all. The middle was still runn...
I made this for a meeting my husband was having at his office. It was a huge hit and someone requested the recipe! I love cinnamon so I added a bit more to the streusel. The bake time was much...
Mixed this up this morning for Easter breakfast. I halved the recipe, cooked in a smaller and deeper baking dish, and it took about 28 minutes. It has a nice light and moist texture, and the s...
cook time definitely needs longer - I agree with the other two reviewers. I let mine bake for 30 and it turned out well; otherwise the middle is still wet. I also added another 1/4 cup of milk...
I also used teaspoons rather than tablespoons for the baking powder. I subbed fat free yogurt for the sour cream; and used soy milk instead of cow's milk. The batter was very thick, making it ...
Excellent. Best cinnamon coffee cake recipe I've made. Cooking time was different..about 33-35 min..
I made a half recipe of this cake today. It came out very delicious. However I will caution everyone that there has to be a mistake in the amount of Baking Powder. I made a couple of changes, bu...
I used pecans for this since walnuts weren't on hand. It turned out absolutely wonderful after about half an hour in the oven. Perfect amount of cinnamon. Now I just need coffee!