Super Food Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients30 m servings 107
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat brown sugar, coconut sugar, butter, and coconut oil with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Beat the first egg into creamed butter mixture until completely blended; beat in vanilla extract with the last egg.
- Stir hot water and baking soda together in a small bowl until baking soda is dissolved; stir into butter mixture. Add cream of tartar and mix well.
- Mix flour into butter mixture until dough is smooth; fold in walnuts, chia seeds, flax seeds, cocoa nibs, and salt. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are lightly browned around the edges, about 12 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Cook's Note:
- White sugar can be used in place of coconut sugar.
- I used grass-fed butter and extra-virgin coconut oil.
Per Serving: 107 calories; 5.6 13.5 1.2 10 57 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
A friend of mine made these and we had them at her house. They were so delicious I had to make them myself. I used all coconut sugar and pecans instead of walnuts. I must admit I am a cookie dou...
LOVE the combo of nuts, semi-sweet chocolate and chia seeds! I didn't have all the ingredients, and used only half the amount of sugar (in brown sugar), but found them still too sweet for our ta...
These were phenomenal! Someone wrote that even the dough was good and they were right! I made a few changes....I only used half a cup of brown sugar, I used 1 cup of flour and 2 cups of a prot...
I liked these cookies. They are chewy with a nice crunch. I had to use gluten free flour, so I used a mix with red sorghum and buckwheat flour and some starches. I used a cup-to-cup ratio. They ...
Best cookies I have EVER had! I add coconut to mine instead of chocolate chips and that makes them great as well!
Our household follows a vegan lifestyle, so I omitted the eggs completely. Wow! These were delicious and crisp, a quality that I don't always associate with 'healthy' cookies. I will be making t...
Wonderful! My husband and colleague's at work all say it's the best cookie they have ever had! Can't stop eating them. 5 stars