Super Food Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients30 m servings 107
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat brown sugar, coconut sugar, butter, and coconut oil with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Beat the first egg into creamed butter mixture until completely blended; beat in vanilla extract with the last egg.
- Stir hot water and baking soda together in a small bowl until baking soda is dissolved; stir into butter mixture. Add cream of tartar and mix well.
- Mix flour into butter mixture until dough is smooth; fold in walnuts, chia seeds, flax seeds, cocoa nibs, and salt. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are lightly browned around the edges, about 12 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Cook's Note:
- White sugar can be used in place of coconut sugar.
- I used grass-fed butter and extra-virgin coconut oil.
Per Serving: 107 calories; 5.6 13.5 1.2 10 57 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
A friend of mine made these and we had them at her house. They were so delicious I had to make them myself. I used all coconut sugar and pecans instead of walnuts. I must admit I am a cookie dou...
These were phenomenal! Someone wrote that even the dough was good and they were right! I made a few changes....I only used half a cup of brown sugar, I used 1 cup of flour and 2 cups of a prot...
I liked these cookies. They are chewy with a nice crunch. I had to use gluten free flour, so I used a mix with red sorghum and buckwheat flour and some starches. I used a cup-to-cup ratio. They ...
LOVE the combo of nuts, semi-sweet chocolate and chia seeds! I didn't have all the ingredients, and used only half the amount of sugar (in brown sugar), but found them still too sweet for our ta...
Best cookies I have EVER had! I add coconut to mine instead of chocolate chips and that makes them great as well!
Our household follows a vegan lifestyle, so I omitted the eggs completely. Wow! These were delicious and crisp, a quality that I don't always associate with 'healthy' cookies. I will be making t...
Wonderful! My husband and colleague's at work all say it's the best cookie they have ever had! Can't stop eating them. 5 stars