Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients23 m servings 544
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 8-inch deep dish pie)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Beat sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, lemon juice, and lemon zest together in a bowl until smooth; pour into pie crust.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer in a glass or metal bowl until foamy. Gradually add sugar and vanilla extract, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites will form sharp peaks; spoon onto the pie to cover completely.
- Bake pie in preheated oven until the tips of the topping begin to brown, about 3 minutes.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- This recipe contains raw eggs. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw eggs. Learn more about egg safety from our article, Making Your Eggs Safe. Making Your Eggs Safe http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Making-Your-Eggs-Safe/Detail.aspx
Per Serving: 544 calories; 19.9 79.2 13.9 187 334 Full nutrition