Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 45 m servings 312
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 loaves)
- Mix 2 cups flour and yeast together in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Stir milk, butter, sugar, and salt together in a saucepan; heat and stir over medium-low heat until the mixture is smooth and the temperature is between 90 degrees F (32 degrees C) to 100 degrees F (37 degrees C).
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture, add eggs, and beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase speed to high and beat for 3 minutes more. Add 1 cup flour and 3 tablespoons orange juice to the mixture; mix on high for 3 minutes more.
- Fit the mixer with a dough hook. Add remaining flour to the mixture; beat with dough hook until the flour is completely incorporated.
- Grease a glass bowl. Put dough into the bowl. Let dough rise until doubled in volume, 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Punch dough down. Divide the dough into two halves. Split each half into three even pieces, roll each piece into a cylinder, and braid into loaves. Put loaves onto a baking sheet. Let rise, about 1 hour.
- Bake in preheated oven until the middle is baked, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir confectioners' sugar and 1 tablespoon orange juice together in a bowl; brush onto the tops of the loaves.
Per Serving: 312 calories; 6.7 31.2 28.4 40 202 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Great recipe. Moist and really good. It would be great with or without the glaze. I recommend letting the bread cool before eating it, and letting the glaze set, or the texture is a bit too m...