Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 45 m servings 312
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 loaves)
- Mix 2 cups flour and yeast together in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Stir milk, butter, sugar, and salt together in a saucepan; heat and stir over medium-low heat until the mixture is smooth and the temperature is between 90 degrees F (32 degrees C) to 100 degrees F (37 degrees C).
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture, add eggs, and beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase speed to high and beat for 3 minutes more. Add 1 cup flour and 3 tablespoons orange juice to the mixture; mix on high for 3 minutes more.
- Fit the mixer with a dough hook. Add remaining flour to the mixture; beat with dough hook until the flour is completely incorporated.
- Grease a glass bowl. Put dough into the bowl. Let dough rise until doubled in volume, 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Punch dough down. Divide the dough into two halves. Split each half into three even pieces, roll each piece into a cylinder, and braid into loaves. Put loaves onto a baking sheet. Let rise, about 1 hour.
- Bake in preheated oven until the middle is baked, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir confectioners' sugar and 1 tablespoon orange juice together in a bowl; brush onto the tops of the loaves.
You might also like
Per Serving: 312 calories; 6.7 31.2 28.4 40 202 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I am the one who submitted this recipe. Not sure why it doesn’t say to make the loafs, then let rise again. The website changed up my recipe. Also do not over bake this! Also, the first rise sho...