Ingredients47 m servings 552
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheet with silicone baking mats.
- Beat cake mix, eggs, 1/2 cup flour, 3 tablespoons flour, and soybean oil together in a stand mixer until stiff.
- Divide and roll dough into 1-inch balls and arrange on prepared baking sheets and flatten to about 1/2-inch thick.
- Bake in preheated oven until somewhat firm in the center, 12 to 14 minutes. Remove from oven and let cookies sit undisturbed until set, about 5 minutes more.
- Spread a sheet of aluminum foil onto a countertop. Transfer cookies to foil to cool completely, at least 20 minutes.
- Beat confectioners' sugar, butter, shortening, half-and-half, and vanilla extract together with a hand mixer until smooth; spoon into a pastry bag and pipe onto cooled cookies or just spread onto cookies using a spatula.
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 552 calories; 24.2 82.1 3.5 68 298 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Pretty close to the store bought! I couldn't choose which is better! One key I would say is to definitely take them out of the oven before recipe time and not after. Let them sit and firm up. ...
These were great! I used peanut oil instead of soybean, and I'll admit I cheated and used canned frosting. But the cherry frosting with sprinkles really worked with these cookies. And they rea...