Ingredients45 m servings 110 cals
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Whisk flour, salt, onion powder, and sugar together in a bowl; add water and whisk until smooth. Cover bowl with a towel and set bowl aside.
- Pour olive oil into a 12-inch cast iron skillet and place in oven until oil is hot, about 5 minutes. Pour batter into oiled skillet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Flip flat bread and cook until browned, about 10 minutes more.
- Cook's Notes:
- Add whatever herbs or seasonings you like.
- Sprinkle cheese on top for the last minute of baking, if you like.
- Add pizza toppings to make into a pizza.
Per Serving: 110 calories; 7 g fat; 10.6 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 292 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This is a quick and very flavorful flatbread. This bread is crisp on the edges and moist inside. I used it as a base for avocado salad and pizzas. The topping for flatbread are endless. If y...
Was good I had cooked up sausage, tomatoes and some red pepper and spread it over finished bread still in skillet. Beat some eggs poured it over and through it back in oven. Topped with some s...
Decided to try this recipe since my boyfriend can't digest regular white flour very easily, but no problems with light spelt flour. This was tasty (but greasy) flatbread. The cooking time seem...