Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 600
- Place potatoes in a bowl and cover with water; let sit for 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Place potatoes in a bowl and cover with boiling water; add sugar and corn syrup and mix well. Place bowl in the refrigerator and let sit for 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Spread potatoes out in a baking dish, cover the dish with plastic wrap, and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Working in batches, fry potatoes in hot oil for 2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to dry and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Working in batches again, fry potatoes in hot oil until browned and crispy, 5 to 7 minutes. Season fries with sea salt.
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 600 calories; 22.4 94.8 8.6 0 112 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
The name had me. ...What if I could have McDonalds at home? I first followed the recipe word for word...which ended in burned fries. ( 5-7 minutes for second cook is way too long) The second bat...
I thought I would give this recipe a try because of the Mc Donald's claim and because in my own recipe I use sugar water so I thought what the heck I'll give the added corn syrup a try too. I fo...
It was delicious and super easy to make! And tastes almost like the McDonald's fries *thumbs up*