Ingredients9 h servings 181 cals
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Whisk flour, cardamom, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat white sugar, butter, and 1/2 cup brown sugar together in a bowl until creamy. Add buttermilk and eggs; beat until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing until just-combined. Fold in apples and pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Stir 1/2 cup brown sugar and pecans together in a bowl; sprinkle over batter. Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Uncover the baking dish and let stand at room temperature until slightly warmer, about 30 minutes.
- Bake cake in the preheated oven until topping is browned, about 45 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute cinnamon for cardamom, if desired. You can substitute black walnuts for the pecans, if desired.
- If buttermilk is not available, you can make sour milk by adding 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar to 1 cup of milk and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 181 calories; 7.5 g fat; 27 g carbohydrates; 2.3 g protein; 29 mg cholesterol; 153 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I made this recipe for the Allrecipes Canadian Allstars Spring Bling assignment. I made the recipe as written except I halved it for a 9x9 pan and I omitted the topping because the pecans I had ...
Followed recipe. Worried it would be to mushy based on 2 reviews. Worked fine. Was not sure how exact to measure the apple chunks.. Since I have lots of apples in need of a home, I mounded it u...