Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 520 cals
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir sausage in hot oil until slightly brown and crumbly, about 5 minutes. Stir onion in sausage; cook and stir until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Stir garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes into onion mixture; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomato paste; cook and stir until mixture has a brick-red color, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour chicken stock, diced tomatoes, and bay leaves into pot; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until flavors combine, about 30 minutes. Add rotini to pot and cook until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain. Stir in basil and season soup with salt and black pepper.
- Stir ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pinch black pepper in a bowl until well-combined.
- Place a dollop of cheese mixture in the bottom of a soup bowl. Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese over cheese mixture and ladle soup over the top. Repeat with remaining cheese mixture, mozzarella, and soup.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 520 calories; 26.4 g fat; 40.3 g carbohydrates; 29.3 g protein; 65 mg cholesterol; 1919 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
We really liked this recipe! My sons couldn't believe how much it tasted like lasagna. The cheesy yum is really tasty and adds a nice flavour. I only had 4 sausages that weighed 3/4 lb so I halv...
This is a great, easy alternative to the more labor intensive lasagna. It's a staple in our house now, everyone loves it! I don't typically use the cheese mixture at the end unless I happen to h...
This recipe is a really great idea and the cheese mixture is such a delicious addition. One note however: I would suggest cooking the pasta separately and serving it into each bowl; cooking it w...
Used 2 lbs of italian chicken sausage, don't use the cheesy yum. It's delicious!
This was good and very easy to make. It was a hit at family dinner. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Made in slow cooker exactly as written and it was fabulous! Cooked sausage in skillet, put all in slow cooker except cheeses and pasta. Four hours on high. When done add mozarella, ricotta and p...
This soup is fabulous. Only had 1 pound of sausage so I added 1 pound of ground chuck. I added some thyme and dried basil [no fresh on hand]. Cooked the pasta separately and then added to sou...
This was sooo good. Was perfect for us, as my husband does not like cheese. So I just left it out of his bowl. Will make this again!