Ingredients40 m servings 207 cals
- Separate asparagus tips and stalk pieces, and set asparagus tips aside.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Mix chicken broth, asparagus stalk pieces, carrots, parsley, basil, pepper, and salt into onion mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until asparagus and carrots are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour soup into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth. Return soup to saucepan, add asparagus tips, and stir in half-and-half. Simmer soup until tips are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- An immersion blender can also be used instead of a standard blender, if desired.
Per Serving: 207 calories; 14.4 g fat; 14.2 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 19 mg cholesterol; 553 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I added some Hamburg and did not use a blender. I took the harder ends of the asparagus and had that boil in the broth for about 10 minutes to add the asparagus flavor. Skimmed it out then adde...
This is an easy to make aspargus soup with a mild flavor. I used beef broth as the base and evaporated milk only because I didn't have any regular milk in the house. It turned out very nice.