Lebanese Restaurant Rice Pilaf
Ingredients55 m servings 203
- Soak rice in a bowl of water for 10 minutes; drain and rinse until the water runs clear.
- Heat 1/4 cup butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil together in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir orzo until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add drained rice and increase heat to medium-high. Cook and stir orzo-rice mixture until rice is coated in butter-oil mixture and starts to turn translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Pour water over rice mixture and season with salt; stir and bring to a boil. Cover skillet, reduce heat to low, and simmer until rice is fluffy and tender yet firm, about 20 minutes.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a separate skillet over medium heat; cook and stir almonds until toasted and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add remaining butter and stir in tahini until almonds are evenly coated. Mix almond mixture into rice mixture.
- Cook's Notes:
- Squeeze a little lemon over the top of the rice at the end for some added tartness.
- Use other roasted nuts like pistachios or cashews or even add some golden raisins for variety.
- Some restaurants also use little pieces of vermicelli or angel hair pasta instead of orzo so you can substitute those, if desired.
Per Serving: 203 calories; 13.4 18 2.8 20 641 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This is not too similar to what Lebanese rice I've had but it is tasty nonetheless. I added a lot more nuts--2 or 3 times the stated amount--and a bit of golden raisins. Thanks for a good, versa...
I like rice. And, I really like Lebanese food. But, I was hoping for more with this one. I guess the photos led me to believe this rice dish was going to be much more flavourful than it is. It’s...
My family and the groups I have made it for loved this recipe. Our local Lebanese restaurant puts carrots in theirs, so I dice up some carrots and put them in about halfway through with the ric...