Captain Crunch and Cornmeal Shrimp
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 329
Original recipe yields 6 servings (24 shrimp)
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Whisk beer, masa flour, egg, sugar, and baking powder together in a bowl until beer batter is smooth. Place crushed cereal in a shallow bowl and cornmeal in a third shallow bowl.
- Dredge shrimp through cornmeal, holding shrimp by the tail; shake off excess cornmeal. Dip shrimp in beer batter, allowing excess to drip back into batter. Roll shrimp in the crushed cereal until evenly coated. Arrange coated shrimp on the prepared baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Working in batches, fry shrimp in the hot oil, turning once, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer cooked shrimp to a paper towel-lined plate using tongs.
- Stir marmalade and mustard together in a bowl until sauce is smooth. Serve cooked shrimp alongside dipping sauce.
- Cook's Notes:
- I think this would work with flour instead of the cornmeal and masa flour.
- I used pre-cooked shrimp and only needed 45 seconds on each side to get them crispy.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 329 calories; 13 45.9 7.2 67 364 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1