Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 572
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place butter in a large iron skillet and place in preheating oven until melted, about 5 minutes.
- Stir brown sugar into melted butter and place back in oven until bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- Gently lay 1 pie crust on top of butter-brown sugar mixture, without pressing crust down. Arrange apple slices on top of pie crust.
- Mix white sugar, cinnamon, and flour together in a bowl; sprinkle over apple slices. Place the remaining pie crust over apple slices, making slits in the top crust for ventilation. Seal the 2 crusts together.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top crust is lightly browned, about 45 minutes.
Per Serving: 572 calories; 26.5 84.1 3.3 31 324 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 32
The only change that I made was to sprinkle both white and brown sugar on the top crust with the dotted butter. It is the best pie that I have ever made! My husband said that it was so good tha...
What a great idea to bake this in a cast iron skillet. I always bake my fruit pies till they bubble, so, the skillet depth keeps the pie from overflowing. My daughter in law made this first,...
Easy and by far the best! I wasn't able to connect the two crusts(top to bottom) but it was still awesome! It didn't come out of skillet in slices more like globs of Apple pie like greatness. Ma...
I made with a few times with adjustments and each time pie was wonderful. I mixed my sugar seasoning mix with apples before putting over pie crust. (seasons 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nu...
Hot mess. Came out great. Just not out of the skillet lol. Not a snowball chance in hell you’ll ever seam the two crusts together. Served warm right out of skillet. Definitely make it again
The only thing I added was a little caramel sauce and some whiskey for a kick.! Turned out delicious
I am not a cook, nor a baker, I followed the directions exactly and it came out OMGood! I will make this again and again!
It was a huge hit!! I brushed the top with milk and sprinkled sugar for a nice crunch sweet crust.