Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 572
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place butter in a large iron skillet and place in preheating oven until melted, about 5 minutes.
- Stir brown sugar into melted butter and place back in oven until bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- Gently lay 1 pie crust on top of butter-brown sugar mixture, without pressing crust down. Arrange apple slices on top of pie crust.
- Mix white sugar, cinnamon, and flour together in a bowl; sprinkle over apple slices. Place the remaining pie crust over apple slices, making slits in the top crust for ventilation. Seal the 2 crusts together.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top crust is lightly browned, about 45 minutes.
Per Serving: 572 calories; 26.5 84.1 3.3 31 324 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 19
The only change that I made was to sprinkle both white and brown sugar on the top crust with the dotted butter. It is the best pie that I have ever made! My husband said that it was so good tha...
What a great idea to bake this in a cast iron skillet. I always bake my fruit pies till they bubble, so, the skillet depth keeps the pie from overflowing. My daughter in law made this first,...
I am not a cook, nor a baker, I followed the directions exactly and it came out OMGood! I will make this again and again!
Easy and by far the best! I wasn't able to connect the two crusts(top to bottom) but it was still awesome! It didn't come out of skillet in slices more like globs of Apple pie like greatness. Ma...
Husband loved it, went back for seconds imediatly. He said if an apple pie and a cinnamon roll had a baby this would be it. We like how the bottom almost crystalisezes. Super easy. I was making ...
I made with a few times with adjustments and each time pie was wonderful. I mixed my sugar seasoning mix with apples before putting over pie crust. (seasons 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nu...
I have made this pie several times and will make it again. Says a lot since I am not a pie maker. Easy enough I can make it and my guests always love it.
Loved it. Used Buttercrust Pastry Dough recipe. However, substituted butter for shortening.