Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 572
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place butter in a large iron skillet and place in preheating oven until melted, about 5 minutes.
- Stir brown sugar into melted butter and place back in oven until bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- Gently lay 1 pie crust on top of butter-brown sugar mixture, without pressing crust down. Arrange apple slices on top of pie crust.
- Mix white sugar, cinnamon, and flour together in a bowl; sprinkle over apple slices. Place the remaining pie crust over apple slices, making slits in the top crust for ventilation. Seal the 2 crusts together.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top crust is lightly browned, about 45 minutes.
Per Serving: 572 calories; 26.5 84.1 3.3 31 324 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 40
The only change that I made was to sprinkle both white and brown sugar on the top crust with the dotted butter. It is the best pie that I have ever made! My husband said that it was so good tha...
What a great idea to bake this in a cast iron skillet. I always bake my fruit pies till they bubble, so, the skillet depth keeps the pie from overflowing. My daughter in law made this first,...
Hot mess. Came out great. Just not out of the skillet lol. Not a snowball chance in hell you’ll ever seam the two crusts together. Served warm right out of skillet. Definitely make it again
The only thing I added was a little caramel sauce and some whiskey for a kick.! Turned out delicious
Easy and by far the best! I wasn't able to connect the two crusts(top to bottom) but it was still awesome! It didn't come out of skillet in slices more like globs of Apple pie like greatness. Ma...
I made with a few times with adjustments and each time pie was wonderful. I mixed my sugar seasoning mix with apples before putting over pie crust. (seasons 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nu...
It was a huge hit!! I brushed the top with milk and sprinkled sugar for a nice crunch sweet crust.
I am not a cook, nor a baker, I followed the directions exactly and it came out OMGood! I will make this again and again!