Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 581
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Watch Now
- Beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar together in a bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Add 2 cups flour and cornstarch; beat until mixture forms a dough. Press dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Watch Now
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is light golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Watch Now
- Beat 1 1/3 cups sugar, lemon juice, 2/3 cup flour, eggs, and lemon zest together in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour lemon mixture over crust. Watch Now
- Bake in the oven until lemon mixture is set, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool to room temperature before removing from baking dish. Cut into desired "Peep" shapes using shaped cookie cutters. Place 2 mini chocolate chips onto each "Peep" to create "eyes." Watch Now
Per Serving: 581 calories; 26.3 80.9 7.8 154 200 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I liked this recipe a lot. I am not a super experienced baker, but nothing about this recipe was difficult. I followed the recipe exactly the first time, but because I used dried lemon zest, the...
The lemon bars a tasty...however...the cookie cutter idea was a hot mess!!! I tried flouring them, I tried Pam spray, I tried dry, I tried wet. What I got was a messy goopy blob.