Ingredients50 m servings 114 cals
- Mix vinegar, ketchup, peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ground ginger, cayenne pepper, and black pepper together in a small, microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat vinegar mixture in microwave oven until the peanut butter is softened, 10 to 15 seconds; stir mixture until smooth.
- Put tofu into a large bowl. Pour sauce over the tofu and stir to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes to a full day, stirring occasionally to assure tofu remains coated in sauce.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Spread tofu onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in preheated oven until slightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you like them a little crispier or browner, bake an additional 5 to 15 minutes.
- The baked tofu can be eaten hot, cold, or at room-temperature.
Per Serving: 114 calories; 7.9 g fat; 4.3 g carbohydrates; 8.9 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 116 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Spicy Baked Tofu Haiku: "Tasty tofu treat. Crispy, browned on the outside, that's how I like it!" I marinate and bake tofu once a week and keep cubes of it in the fridge for tossing in my mouth ...
It tastes really good but the sauce is a little too thick. I made it again and added some water and used it for cold noodles. It was really good, especially the second day.
Love this recipe! I've made it multiple times and it's always a hit.
much more flavourful cold than fresh out of the oven. I added a dollup of mayo for dipping and it was delicious.