Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 55 m servings 91
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 patties)
- Put pinto beans and lentils into two separate pots of water; bring both to a boil, turn off heat, cover, and let stand 1 hour.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Prepare a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-low heat; cook and stir mushrooms, onion, and bell pepper in hot skillet until onion is soft and mushrooms are darkened, 25 to 30 minutes. Spread mushroom mixture onto a platter to cool.
- Process pinto beans, egg, sage, rosemary, basil, marjoram, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper in a food processor until smooth; transfer to a bowl. Mix lentils, cooled mushroom mixture, oats, Cheddar cheese, and sunflower kernels with the processed pinto bean mixture until somewhat evenly mixed. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- Prepare a large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Divide and shape mixture into 16 patties.
- Cook patties in batches in hot skillet until browned and heated through, about 7 minutes per side.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use a smoked cheese in place of cheddar for added flavor.
- Use red, yellow, or orange bell pepper.
- Cook time is per patty, patties will need to be cooked in multiple batches.
Per Serving: 91 calories; 2.6 12.1 5.3 14 166 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
No I did not change it I followed the recipe the first time. Got to say that I'm not a veggie but I have to say it was very nice. I will be making it again I even stuffed the veggie Saugsage...