Carrie's Easy Pineapple Cool Cake
Ingredients3 h servings 338 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
- Beat cake mix, water, oil, and eggs together in a bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until just combined. Increase speed to medium until batter is smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of each cake comes out clean, 23 to 28 minutes. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely, at least 2 hours.
- Pour whipped topping into a bowl. Fold pudding mix into whipped topping, followed by drained crushed pineapple; fold gently until frosting is combined.
- Place 1 cake on a cake plate or serving platter and poke cake several times with a fork. Spoon 1/2 of the reserved pineapple juice over cake. Cover top of cake layer with frosting, spreading to edges of cake.
- Place remaining cake on top of frosted cake and poke top layer several times with a fork. Pour remaining pineapple juice over cake. Spread remaining frosting all over top and sides of cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Per Serving: 338 calories; 16.3 g fat; 45.7 g carbohydrates; 3.5 g protein; 47 mg cholesterol; 374 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I bake the cake in a 9x13 pan, place the drained pineapple on top and then frost with whipped topping/pudding frosting. It's a great recipe!
Make it with the Duncan Heinz Orange Supreme cake and it's even better!!!!
This recipe is very similar to the cake I remember my mother and grandmother baking for special occasions. A moist cake with a sweet light frosting, it brings back happy memories. It is a simpl...
This cake is fantastic... I made a few easy changes based on the 6 reviews that were already on here. I used a yellow butter cake mix which replaces the oil with melted butter to add richn...
I want to learn how to bake fancy chocolate cakes, i saw many varieties at www.coolcake.in, i really surprised after lots of varieties there.Now i am very much eager to learn how to bake fancy c...