Ingredients20 m servings 532
- Stir flour, 2 teaspoons salt, paprika, and black pepper together in a shallow bowl.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Press calamari rings into the flour mixture until evenly coated, shaking off excess flour.
- Working in batches, fry calamari rings in the hot oil until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer cooked calamari to a paper towel-lined plate; sprinkle with salt. Serve calamari with cocktail and lemon wedges.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 532 calories; 38.4 31.5 15.3 170 1503 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Came out great!! One crucial step to avoid chewiness is to soak the frozen calamari in cold water and baking soda for 30 minutes to an hour.
Recipe as written was good. Second time I made it I added a little seasoned salt and bread crumbs and thought it was even better. A solid recipe overall. Thanks
These are easy to make, and they tasted great. The quality of the calamari rings I purchased (frozen) was not so good, and the finished product was too tough and chewy. I will try this again w...
It was quite floury tasting and a bit rubbery. But, overall would make again. Also stated a lot more oil than needed. Would adjust the amount of oil and salt and pepper (was very salty for my ta...
Great recipe! Definitely use the soaking in baking soda trick recommended by another reviewer.
Made the recipe as written and it was delish. The next time I made it, I added 1/4 cup of corn meal to the flour--it adds a little something for me.
Was told by a few, at our Christmas eve feast of the seven fishes, that these were as good, or better, than what they've eaten in the restaurant.