Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 129 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 brittle pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread almonds onto a baking sheet. Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Bake almonds in the preheated oven until toasted and fragrant, 7 to 8 minutes. Chop almonds.
- Beat butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 30 seconds. Add white sugar, vanilla extract, lemon extract, and salt; beat until well combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Stir flour, lemon zest, and 1/2 cup almonds into creamed butter mixture until dough is combined.
- Press dough evenly into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining almonds over dough, pressing lightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden, about 20 minutes. Cool brittle in the dish on a wire rack. Sprinkle confectioners' sugar over brittle; break into chunks.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can alternately set oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for pure convect, if desired. Bake brittle for 18 minutes instead of 20 minutes.
- I used Kitchen Aid® mixer when adding the flour and lemon zest to butter mixture.
Per Serving: 129 calories; 7.8 g fat; 13.3 g carbohydrates; 1.7 g protein; 15 mg cholesterol; 53 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1