Ingredients10 h 10 m servings 365
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Grease a 10x9-inch baking dish. Layer half the tortilla pieces into the bottom of the prepared dish; top with 2 cans green chilies, half the cooked sausage, and half the cheese, respectively. Repeat layering.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt, garlic salt, onion salt, black pepper, and cumin together in a bowl; pour over the layers in the baking dish.
- Cover baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- Remove dish from refrigerator and let warm at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake the casserole bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes. Arrange a layer of tomato slices atop the casserole and continue baking until a knife inserted into the middle of the casserole comes out clean, 10 to 15 minutes more. Let casserole cool 10 minutes before cutting.
Per Serving: 365 calories; 22 22.9 18.2 155 1419 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Whoa, 4 cans of green chiles? Maybe I'll get up the courage to try it that way in the future. For the 1st time making it, I used 2 cans of drained Rotel tomatoes as datharp1 suggested, also ad...
I made this casserole for Christmas brunch and my family loved it. I substituted two cans of Rotel tomatoes drained instead of the green chilies and used half cheddar and Monterrey Jack cheese.
I made exactly as shown. I had some guys over for brunch. They loved it. I made it the night before. Will do again.