Slow Cooker Turkey Chili with Kidney Beans
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 25 m servings 222 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir turkey, onions, and Anaheim chile peppers in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and transfer turkey mixture to a slow cooker.
- Mix kidney beans, Mexican-style tomato sauce, chili powder, cornmeal, garlic, onion flakes, cocoa powder, cumin, ground black pepper, sugar, parsley, oregano, beef base, red pepper flakes, and coriander into turkey mixture. Add enough water to reach desired consistency.
- Cook on High for 4 hours (or on Low for 8 to 10 hours).
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute 1 packet of store-bought seasoning mix for the dry seasonings, if desired.
- Lean ground beef can be substituted for the ground turkey, if desired.
- Substitute 1 chopped bell pepper for the Anaheim pepper, if desired.
- Substitute a 6-ounce can of tomato paste plus 1/2 cup water for the Mexican-style tomato sauce, if desired.
- Substitute 1/2 ounce Baker's® unsweetened chocolate for the cocoa powder, if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 222 calories; 5.6 g fat; 27.1 g carbohydrates; 17.8 g protein; 42 mg cholesterol; 475 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Well it's my recipe and I love it, obviously :) If you don't like cilantro, omit the coriander. It's the same plant. It'll leave a soapy aftertaste if you are part of the population bearing a ge...