Ingredients30 m servings 743
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Mix garlic salt, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, and black pepper together in a small bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef, onion, and garlic in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Keep warm while preparing tostada shells.
- Brush oil over both sides of tortillas and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake tortillas in preheated oven until crisped on top, about 5 minutes. Flip tortillas and continue baking until other side crisps, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Heat refried beans in a saucepan over medium-low, stirring regularly until hot, about 5 minutes (see Cook's Note).
- Divide refried beans between tostadas and spread over one side of each; spoon ground beef mixture over the beans. Top each tostada with lettuce, Cheddar cheese, and diced tomato.
- Cook's Notes:
- Additional garnishes for tostadas can include salsa, sour cream, guacamole, black olives, and Mexican-blend shredded cheese.
- For fewer calories, omit the beef topping. Try cooked shredded chicken to make chicken tostadas.
- If you like your ground beef a bit more spicy, add to the seasoning mix: 1 teaspoon chili powder (such as New Mexico powdered Chimayo), 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt (such as Lawry's®, 1/4 teaspoon low-sodium beef bouillon granules, 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin, and 1/8 teaspoon sugar.
- You can use your own refried beans in this recipe, or use a can of your favorite brand.
Per Serving: 743 calories; 40.7 56.1 40.1 120 1229 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Crispy Oven Beef & Bean Tostadas Haiku: "Well, I liked the beans, but they were just from a can. Could be simplified." I followed the recipe submitter's notes for "if you like your ground beef a...
This is my recipe and there is an error on the beans. It should read 2 cups of refried beans you make yourself (or 16 oz. can of refried beans.) However, the published version does not state yo...
Warning: These tostadas will spoil you. Try one, and you can't stop eating them. I used the spicy mix for the meat and it was very nice. I used handmade tortillas and homemade refried beans. Th...