Pumpkin Head Treats™
made it | 0 reviews |
Kellogg's® Rice Krispies®
"This recipe is perfect for little hands to roll and mold. Whip up a batch for a whole pumpkin patch!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 258 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. To tint orange stir in red and yellow food coloring, if desired.
- Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using 1/2-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into pumpkin shape. Decorate with frosting and/or candies. Best if served the same day.
- *or substitute 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows for 1 (10-oz.) package regular marshmallows.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:
- In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. To tint orange, stir in red and yellow food coloring, if desired. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
- Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in single layer on wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
- Kellogg's has reduced the sodium content of Rice Krispies to meet current consumer flavor- and nutrition-preferences. Rice Krispies Treats made with the lower sodium cereal taste great without any added salt, but, if you desire, add 1/4 teaspoon salt to the butter before melting. Continue with recipe as directed.
Per Serving: 258 calories; 7.6 g fat; 48.5 g carbohydrates; 1.5 g protein; 8 mg cholesterol; 216 mg sodium. Full nutrition