made it | 0 reviews |
Kellogg's® Rice Krispies®
"Get out the chopsticks! These gummy-worm-filled Rice Krispies Treats® look just like the real deal."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 246 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
- Invert pan on cutting board to remove cereal mixture. Lengthwise cut into two 10 x 5-inch rectangles. Crosswise cut each rectangle into six 5 x 2 1/2-inch rectangles. Place 3 gummy worms on top of each piece. Starting with long sides, tightly roll up, completely enclosing gummy worms. Crosswise, cut each roll into four 1 1/4-inch cylinders. Tightly wrap one fruit leather strip around each, trimming ends as needed. Best if served the same day.
- *or substitute 4 cups MET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows for 1 (10 oz.) package regular marshmallows.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
- Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 246 calories; 2.5 g fat; 55.2 g carbohydrates; 1.6 g protein; 4 mg cholesterol; 199 mg sodium. Full nutrition