J. J.'s Shepherd's Pie
"I got this simple recipe 20 years ago from my friend J.J. The secrets to this classic comfort-food are American cheese and creamed corn. I have tried every cheese on earth over the years, and American seems to work the best. Prepare the mashed potatoes to your liking--I season mine with milk, butter, and pepper. My kids and I go crazy for this!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 316
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Stir cream-style corn and corn niblets together in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until heated through, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spread ground beef out in the bottom of a casserole dish. Top with 8 slices American cheese, corn mixture, remaining cheese slices, and mashed potatoes, respectively.
- Bake in the preheated oven until corn mixture bubbles along the edges of the dish, about 30 minutes. Cool briefly before slicing.
Per Serving: 316 calories; 18.4 22.2 17.1 60 863 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1