Ang's Creamy Potato Soup
Ingredients50 m servings 348
- Pour 49.5 ounce can chicken broth into a 5-quart pot; add potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions; bring to boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, and cook until the potatoes are completely tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Gently mash potatoes into the soup to thicken to your desired texture.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil; add broccoli, cover, and steam until tender, 2 to 6 minutes.
- Stir broccoli, celery soup, chicken soup, Monterey Jack cheese, pepperjack cheese, pepper, and parsley into the soup; add 14.5 ounce can chicken broth. Cook and stir until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Raw broccoli can be substituted for the steamed, if added and boiled with other vegetables. I just prefer a crunchier texture to my broccoli.
- For a soupier consistency, some or all of the additional can of broth can be added.
Per Serving: 348 calories; 13.2 43.1 15.2 39 683 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I added leftover ham and added a can of cream of mushroom soup as well.
This hit the spot on a cool night. I had a bag of tiny potatoes I wanted to use up, cut in quarters, and kept skin on. I added some fresh parsley growing in my kitchen window, added a few hand...