Tropical Coconut Quinoa Pudding
Gay Lea Foods Co-operative®
"This dairy-free dessert is creamy and indulgent but balanced by using whole grain quinoa instead of traditional white rice. The bright coconut and mango accents will have you thinking of a sunny island beach even on the coldest day of winter!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 397
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 to 8 servings)
- Bring water and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan with a tight fitting lid set over medium heat. Add quinoa; cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes or until fluid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, whisk coconut milk with sugar, eggs, and lime juice. Stir into quinoa. Return pan to medium heat and cook, stirring constantly for 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in lime zest and vanilla.
- Cool to room temperature; transfer to the refrigerator and chill completely. (Pudding can be reserved in a covered container for up to 3 days.)
- Spoon into bowls and garnish with a generous amount of coconut whipped cream, mango, and toasted coconut.
You might also like
- For a mousse-like consistency, fold the coconut whipped cream into the cooled quinoa pudding before serving.
- For a lower fat dessert, use light coconut milk.
- Add 2 tsp (10 mL) minced fresh ginger along with the lime zest and vanilla for extra zip.
Per Serving: 397 calories; 19.8 49.1 8.9 93 156 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1