Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 458
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Blend Spreadables butter with ginger, lemon zest, cumin, garlic, salt, and pepper until well combined; set aside.
- Place chicken, back-side-up, with neck facing away on a cutting board. Use a chef's knife or poultry shears to cut along each side of the backbone. Remove and discard backbone. Turn chicken over; turn legs drumsticks-inward and press on breastbone to flatten. Place chicken, cut-side-down in a roasting pan.
- Melt 3 tablespoons (45 mL) butter mixture; toss with potatoes, carrots, parsnips, and green onions. Scatter around chicken.
- Carefully loosen skin over breast meat, legs, and thighs using fingertips. Spread remaining butter mixture evenly under and over skin of chicken.
- Roast, basting occasionally, for 60 to 75 minutes (or until an instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees F/74 degrees C in thigh and breast meat).
- Cover and rest for 10 minutes. Carve chicken into portions and serve with vegetables.
- Use Spreadables Butter, Original flavour instead of the Cinnamon & Brown Sugar for an equally delicious roast.
- Replace the roasted vegetables with hot, prepared couscous or rice tossed with the melted butter mixture.
Per Serving: 458 calories; 22.8 33.2 30.8 102 343 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Excellent. May 2017/ I used liquid ginger, fresh garlic, fresh lemon zest, and white sugar and cinnamon. I was only making a small dinner for two, so I had one large breast and put all ingre...