Roasted Cauliflower Pasta Toss
Gay Lea Foods Co-operative®
"Replacing the traditional heavy cream with lower fat sour cream allows us to make an indulgent, creamy pasta under 500 calories per serving. This meatless dish is easy enough for a weeknight meal or elegant enough for company."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 479 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Trim cauliflower and separate into small florets. Toss cauliflower with melted butter, garlic and half each salt and pepper. Spread on a parchment paper-lined, rimmed baking sheet. Roast, stirring once, for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden and browned.
- Transfer 1 cup (250 mL) cauliflower to a food processor. Add sour cream, Parmesan cheese and remaining salt and pepper; pulse until smooth.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water. Reserve 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) cooking water before draining.
- Toss hot cooked pasta with sour cream mixture, remaining roasted cauliflower, sun-dried tomatoes and basil; add enough reserved pasta water to make pasta moist and saucy. Serve immediately with additional Parmesan cheese at the table.
- Replace the Gay Lea Gold with Gay Lea Regular Sour Cream.
- The cauliflower and cream sauce mixture can be prepared ahead and rewarmed to toss with hot pasta.
- For extra flavour and crunch, top the pasta with crispy prosciutto. Lay 2 slices of prosciutto out on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet; add to the oven during the last 10 minutes of roasting. Cool completely and crumble.
Per Serving: 479 calories; 14 g fat; 71 g carbohydrates; 19 g protein; 40 mg cholesterol; 511 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I made this great dish! I substituted the sour cream for greek yogurt and added basil sausage, and roasted zucchini and mushrooms! It was to die for!