Rhubarb Sour Cream Bars
made it | 0 reviews |
Gay Lea Foods Co-operative®
"Rhubarb is one of the first flavours of spring and these delicious bars have just the right amount of sweet and tang."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 141 cals
Original recipe yields 20 servings (20 bars)
- Combine rhubarb, 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar and the water in a heavy saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Simmer, stirring often, for 10 to 12 minutes or until rhubarb is soft and thickened to an applesauce consistency. Cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C).
- Toss cookie crumbs with melted Spreadables butter until well combined. Press into bottom of a parchment paper-lined, 9-inch (23 cm) baking dish.
- Whisk sour cream with remaining sugar and flour until well combined; whisk in eggs and vanilla just until smooth. Pour over prepared crust. Dollop rhubarb mixture over top and swirl with a knife until evenly marbled.
- Bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until centre is just slightly jiggly. Cool to room temperature, then chill thoroughly before slicing.
- To make gingersnap cookie crumbs, pulse 22 (or about 6 oz/180 g) cookies in a food processor until finely crumbed.
- Replace half or all of the rhubarb with fresh or frozen strawberries.
- Prepared bars can be held in the refrigerator for up 3 days.
Per Serving: 141 calories; 6.3 g fat; 19.2 g carbohydrates; 2.3 g protein; 34 mg cholesterol; 61 mg sodium. Full nutrition