Rainbow Veggie Pancakes with Cottage Cheese
made it | 0 reviews |
Gay Lea Foods Co-operative®
"This is a great way to get your kids to eat their veggies. Personalize these pancakes by stirring in your own favourite seasonings such as chopped fresh herbs, taco seasonings or curry paste to the base recipe."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 105 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 pancakes)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (100 degrees C). Toss sweet and Yukon Gold potatoes with zucchini, carrot and green onion. Stir cottage cheese with flour, eggs, salt and pepper until well blended; pour over vegetables and stir to combine.
- Melt a little Spreadables in a large, nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Scoop 1/4 cup (50 mL) portions of vegetable mixture into skillet; flatten using back of measure. Cook for 5 minutes per side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer pancakes to a baking sheet in oven to hold warm. Repeat with remaining vegetable mixture, adding additional Spreadables to the skillet as needed. Serve pancakes with sour cream and cheese (if using).
- Use a box grater or a food processor to shred the vegetables.
- Leave the skin on all the vegetables for added fiber and nutrients.
- Freeze extra patties on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet to warm gently in a skillet or the oven for a quick lunch or side dish.
- Whole wheat flour can be substituted for all-purpose flour.
Per Serving: 105 calories; 5.3 g fat; 9.1 g carbohydrates; 5.5 g protein; 34 mg cholesterol; 187 mg sodium. Full nutrition