Maple Glazed Bacon and Chive Shortbread
made it | 0 reviews |
Gay Lea Foods Co-operative®
"Savoury-salty-sweet bacon shortbread squares with hints of chive and maple are delicious served alone as an appetizer or added to a cheese plate."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 123 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 squares)
- Grease an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan; reserve. In a large bowl, beat the butter with the sugar and salt using an electric mixer, for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add the bacon and chives; mix until evenly distributed. Combine the all purpose flour with the rice flour. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture; stir until just combined.
- Press the dough, in an even layer, into the prepared pan. Cover and chill for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C).
- Lightly score the dough with a knife into 16 squares (do not cut all the way through the dough). Brush the top with maple syrup.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until set and lightly golden. Immediately cut through the scored wedges. Transfer pan to a wire rack and cool completely.
Per Serving: 123 calories; 8.5 g fat; 8.9 g carbohydrates; 3.1 g protein; 25 mg cholesterol; 140 mg sodium. Full nutrition