Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 50 m servings 374
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Spread the bread cubes into a shallow pan and let the bread sit until the cut surfaces are somewhat dried with the insides remaining soft, 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Put bread cubes into a large bowl. Pour honey mustard over the bread and mix to coat. Layer about half the bread cubes into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle 2/3 cup Swiss cheese over the bread cubes; top with 1 cup ham. Spread relish in a layer over everything. Layer remaining ham, 2/3 cup Swiss cheese, and remaining bread cubes, respectively, atop the relish layer. Finish by topping with the remaining Swiss cheese. Cover entire dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until hot in the center, about 30 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before cutting to serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- I cut my bread frozen, then place in a shallow pan in the oven to thaw and dry out the cubes. The cube should be dry on the outside, soft on the inside, but not crouton-dry. This allows the dressing to soak into the cube and hold it in during baking.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 374 calories; 13.4 46.7 19.8 42 1195 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
For some reason this recipe intrigued me so I gave it a whirl. Can't say I didn't like it, but not loving it either. I used what I had on hand and combined with half pumpernickel and half sour...