Ellen's Muffaletta Pasta Salad
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 720
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the rotini in boiling water until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain. Rinse pasta with cold water until chilled; drain.
- Mix carrots, pepperoncini, Genoa salami, Cheddar cheese, provolone cheese, sweet onion, green olives, Kalamata olives, pepperoni, celery, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and artichoke hearts together in a large mixing bowl. Pour Italian-style salad dressing over the salad and toss to coat; add pasta and stir.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Stir salad and add more Italian-style dressing as needed if you find the salad too dry.
- Cook's Notes:
- Instead of rotini, try fusilli pasta in green, white, and orange colors, or even a mixture of the two to total one pound.
- Kalamata olives can be replaced with canned black olives.
- Mix the salad all up again just before serving and add more of the Italian dressing, if the salad seems dry because the pasta absorbed the dressing.
Per Serving: 720 calories; 43.2 53.2 29.9 87 2597 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Best pasta salad I have made in a long time. I used Wishbone Italian Dressing! Made it the night before and it was great the next day. Will probably leave the cheddar out next time but otherwi...
This is delicious! The only thing I changed was I sautéed the whole mixture after it was made because the raw onion was a little too powerful for me. As far as too much chopping; no problem I us...
Tastes just like a muffaletta - minus the bread of course. I loved it. Unfortunately, my family doesn't like pasta salad apparently. My coworker's were grateful though ;) Also, I used black oliv...
Admittedly I am a rookie cook, but there are LOTS of ingredients and a lot of chopping in this salad. Well worth it. Excellent.
Loved it!!! This recipe made a lot of food, which I enjoyed for a few days. It was even better on day 2 than on the day I made it. Next time, I'll make it the day before I serve it. It was...
I could just eat this salad as the main course. So many different flavors all in one dish. I love it!