Protein Energy Balls
Ingredients30 m servings 173 cals
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Stir honey, peanut butter, powdered milk, brown rice flour, honey, coconut flour, ground oats, wheat germ, and ground almonds together in a bowl.
- Pour ground hazelnuts in a shallow dish. Form nut mixture into balls and roll in ground hazelnuts until coated. Place balls onto baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the ground hazelnuts. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary.
- Cook's Notes:
- Balls can be eaten raw or baked for 5 minutes. Avoid baking for longer times to prevent drying out.
- You can substitute cashew, almond, or sunflower nut butter for the peanut butter.
- You can substitute cocoa powder for the coconut powder.
- You can substitute whole wheat pastry flour for the brown rice flour.
- You can substitute ground rolled wheat, spelt, barley or triticale for the ground rolled oats.
- You can substitute ground hazelnut for pumpkin seed meal, or a mixture of ground almonds and ground hazelnuts for the ground almonds.
Per Serving: 173 calories; 8.9 g fat; 19.8 g carbohydrates; 5.9 g protein; < 1 mg cholesterol; 62 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I was happy to find a recipe that didn't use whey protein powder, since I didn't feel like ordering a specialty ingredient. I made a few substitutions because I didn't have some things on hand....