Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 332
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9-inch cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Mix almond meal, caster sugar, and coconut in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs, cooled melted butter, and vanilla together with a whisk until smooth; pour into bowl with almond meal mixture and fold until smooth and batter-like. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle almond slices over the top of the batter.
- Bake in preheated oven until the top of the cake is firm, about 40 minutes. Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a baking rack to cool completely. Dust top of cooled cake with confectioners' sugar.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If you are using fan-bake, reduce cooking time to 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 332 calories; 21.9 27.9 8.4 98 29 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This recipe calls for too much butter, I'd go for 1 1/4 sticks or even just 1 stick next time. I used 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp almond extract to give it more of a marzipan like taste/smell. And I...