Ingredients30 m servings 275 cals
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place brown sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll each banana quarter in the brown sugar until coated. Wrap a lumpia wrapper around each coated banana, sealing the last edge to the roll using a spoon or your finger dipped in water. Repeat with the remaining bananas and wrappers.
- Working in batches, fry lumpia in the hot oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer cooked lumpia to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon. Some sugar may leak out the sides of the lumpia while cooling.
- Cook's Note:
- If your bananas are small you may not want to cut them crosswise and will probably need more of them.
- Use a beaten egg in place of the water for sealing, if desired.
Per Serving: 275 calories; 11.7 g fat; 41.6 g carbohydrates; 3.5 g protein; 2 mg cholesterol; 140 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This is the same exact way I make my banana lumpia. Thanks for posting this recipe. Banana lumpia is a favorite here in Hawaii!
Followed recipe except added a sprinkle of cinnamon and drizzled a tiny bit of honey. Served hot with vanilla bean sorbet - delish! Great for company...
I made this recipe as written and it was great!! You have to buy the lumpia (spring roll) wrappers from an Asian store for this to work really well.