Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 205
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sift flour, 1/2 of the sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Add egg yolks, water, oil, and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar together in a bowl using an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Continue beating until stiff and shiny peaks form; add remaining sugar and beat until incorporated. Fold egg yolk mixture and bananas into egg white mixture just until blended. Slowly pour batter into a 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cake springs back when lightly touched, 55 to 65 minutes. Invert pan onto a plate and cool. Loosen edges of cake and remove pan.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use very ripe bananas for best taste. After mashing bananas, use immediately or the bananas will brown and color the cake.
- Use 1 cup sugar instead of 1 1/4 cups for a lighter taste.
Per Serving: 205 calories; 8.9 28.4 3.7 70 249 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Loved it! So soft, airy and light! I used only 1 cup of sugar. I put 1/4 cup in the egg white just before it reached stiff peaks. The other 3/4 in the flour.
I made half a batch in a glass pan. I added cinnamon, cloves and used sugar substitute. I just pulled it out of the oven so it's still hot, but the outside is crispy and the inside is spongy. T...
Very Gooood recipe! Yummy and Optimal taste with easy to make . My Mom and I really LOVE it.
Easy to make.... The family loved it! Very tasty and the texture was just perfect-