Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 205
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sift flour, 1/2 of the sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Add egg yolks, water, oil, and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar together in a bowl using an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Continue beating until stiff and shiny peaks form; add remaining sugar and beat until incorporated. Fold egg yolk mixture and bananas into egg white mixture just until blended. Slowly pour batter into a 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cake springs back when lightly touched, 55 to 65 minutes. Invert pan onto a plate and cool. Loosen edges of cake and remove pan.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use very ripe bananas for best taste. After mashing bananas, use immediately or the bananas will brown and color the cake.
- Use 1 cup sugar instead of 1 1/4 cups for a lighter taste.
Per Serving: 205 calories; 8.9 28.4 3.7 70 249 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Loved it! So soft, airy and light! I used only 1 cup of sugar. I put 1/4 cup in the egg white just before it reached stiff peaks. The other 3/4 in the flour.
Very Gooood recipe! Yummy and Optimal taste with easy to make . My Mom and I really LOVE it.
All i changed was the cream of tarter because i didnt have any and added some more baking powder because 1T of baking powder has 5/8 T of cream of tarter in it cake was soo good