Easy Vegetarian Pressure Cooker Beans
"Easy, healthy, cheap, environmentally friendly, and delicious, this recipe will feed a hungry family or bachelor for days. After much experimentation, this simple recipe is still the best. These beans are a great base. Add hot sauce and sauteed vegetables for a delicious soup. Add to your favorite burrito or serve any way you like; a meal itself or a perfect side dish. Don't be shy with salt, good beans are salty. Use whatever beans you like. My favorite beans for this recipe are black, pinto, and canary beans. Recipe is for 6 quart pressure cooker, so adjust if yours is smaller."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 45 m servings 205
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Place black beans into a large container and cover with 9 cups water; let stand 8 hours to overnight. Drain and rinse beans.
- Combine beans, onion, olive oil, garlic, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and salt in a pressure cooker; add enough water as suggested by pressure cooker manual.
- Cook beans according to pressure cooker manual until tender; season with salt.
- Cook's Note:
- Most beans benefit from adding 1 1/2 teaspoons salt to soaking water.
- I add 1 teaspoon Sriracha and 1 tablespoon Cholula® hot sauces per bowl when eating as a soup.
- If your manual lists 2 cooking times, use the longest recommended cooking time.
Per Serving: 205 calories; 4.3 31.8 10.9 0 22 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1