Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 251
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 squares)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x11-inch baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- Heat dates, orange juice, and lemon juice in a large saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring often, until dates are soft, about 6 minutes.
- Stir whole wheat flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl; stir in melted butter. Press half of the oat mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Spread date mixture evenly over oat mixture; sprinkle remaining oat mixture evenly over date mixture and press down lightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 20 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate until chilled before cutting into squares, about 1 hour.
You might also like
Per Serving: 251 calories; 12.2 35.5 3 31 89 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The sugar could be reduced here. I made half the recipe in a 8x8 pan, yielding 16 squares. I think there is too much butter and not enough oats but it is a good starting point. Thanks, Suzann...