Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 485
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour olive oil into hot pan and heat until shimmering. Cook mustard seeds in hot oil until they begin to pop, about 1 minute; immediately add peppercorns and fenugreek seeds.
- Gently lay the lamb chops in a single layer into the skillet; add curry sauce and basil and stir. Bring the sauce to a boil, place a tight-fitting lid on the skillet, reduce heat to low, and cook until the lamb is tender, 60 to 70 minutes.
- Remove lid from skillet. Continue to cook and stir until most of the liquid has been reduced and the meat has a brownish look on all sides, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can make this recipe with other meats, but the simmering time will need to be adjusted. For example, if using chicken thighs, you will only want to simmer for 20 minutes.
- When substituting the lamb, it may be all meat or a combination of meat and vegetables, but it should total 1 1/4 pounds in weight.
- You could also make this a vegetarian dish, again adjusting the simmering time.
Per Serving: 485 calories; 42.2 0.9 23.7 105 152 Full nutrition